Music Box Waltz Music Box Waltz

Very nice.

It sounds beautiful- very delicate. The only critiques I can offer is that I'd like to hear a cello or cello section around 1:05 ish, just to provide some bass. SVC Leg Vib would work great here. I can't say I'm a big fan of the marcato low waltz-y strings that come in a little later- they sound just a bit fake. Other than that though, great job!

Rampant responds:

I probably could have made the strings sound a little more realistic if I'd spent some more time tweaking effects and EQ'ing, but for a little bit more realism I don't think the extra time would have been worth it.

Thanks for the feedback!
- James

-:: Acceptability ::- -:: Acceptability ::-

This is great!

Nice work- very calming. Some parts sounded a little synthy and non-expressive, hence the 9 instead of 10, but on the whole it was a charming piece.

Agitat0r responds:

Thanks man.

I created this piece on-the-fly. no extra effect stuff. the strings are synth pads, basically with anything I found in FL Studio PE bundle. The whole thing was taken only 15 min, included recording.

| Deep Thoughts | | Deep Thoughts |

Great job!

You've done an epic job on this piece, Nick! I do have a few critiques, but on the whole I really enjoy what you've done here.

At 0:20, I'd drop a low, quiet F# octave in the left hand, just to give the string entrance a little more emphasis.

Your cymbals sound just a bit dry in comparison to the other instruments; perhaps just a touch more reverb on those?

The fade-out of the violins/violas playing the main theme at 1:46-1:49 ish is a little too quick- perhaps you could start the fade earlier.

The violin at the end of the piece sounds great (is that the Gypsy violin?) but it probably should rest for a beat or two at 2:30- just to provide a little bit of contrast.

Anyway, all of these are just tiny nitpicks- I loved the piece as a whole!

CDwaver Voice Demo Reel CDwaver Voice Demo Reel

Sounds great!

You're very talented.

CDwaver responds:

thanks a bunch. Its great to hear something like that considering I'm just starting out.

Morning Horizon Morning Horizon

Awesome Work!

NOTE: This is not going to be a monster review, sorry. :)

This was a great piece, and the flute lead in was great. I loved the build up, but perhaps you could lower the volume just a bit on the brass? Also, on the bass that plays at the beginning, I think you should perhaps lower the attack, so it kind of fades in. Also, the snare drum, at the very beginning of its part, seemed a little off? I'm not sure whether that's because it was syncopated or wasn't quite in time. Finally, perhaps you should have a louder string background around 0:38?

Anyways, this was an awesome piece, and my nitpicks probably might only improve in marginally. Favorited, 5/5, and 10/10.

Step responds:

Thanks for the review, man! Don't worry, there's only room for so many monster reviews on NG xP. Glad you liked the song, and looking back, I'll have to agree with your nitpicks, although I don't seem to see anything wrong with the snares. I'll check again, maybe you're right. Thanks again for the review, glad you enjoyed the piece!

-Classical Loop- -Classical Loop-

Great!

I liked it a lot! The only thing I would suggest would be to have a little resolution at the end, maybe at the third beat of the last measure. I know it's a loop, but I think that might add to it.

Step responds:

Hey, thanks for the review, Joerao! I could give that a try - I think it'd be a nice touch to the loop ^^. I'll see what I can do, thanks again for the review!

Christmas Slay Christmas Slay

Hilarious, and very weird

This is just insane, as in hilarious.

Aria of Bliss Aria of Bliss

Beatiful...

There's not much to say other then the fact that this is a brilliant piece. You're a great composer. I'm curious- do you do any orchestral work, or is it mainly ensemble?

TreborLocke responds:

I do work for all groups. Thanks :)

Sparring Partners Sparring Partners

Epic awesomeness and great sound quality

This piece is probably one of my favorites on NG as of now. The instruments sound amazing, (it makes me want to get EWQL SO) especially the strings. My only critique is that it could get a little faster and build to a little bit of a climax toward the end, and I think it should be a bit longer.

turtle(can't think of a title) turtle(can't think of a title)

Not bad

It's not bad, but it could use a bit more of a melody, IMHO.