Erica is better than Matt Erica is better than Matt

Amazing...

That was just incredible- the music too.

Music Box Waltz Music Box Waltz

Very nice.

It sounds beautiful- very delicate. The only critiques I can offer is that I'd like to hear a cello or cello section around 1:05 ish, just to provide some bass. SVC Leg Vib would work great here. I can't say I'm a big fan of the marcato low waltz-y strings that come in a little later- they sound just a bit fake. Other than that though, great job!

Rampant responds:

I probably could have made the strings sound a little more realistic if I'd spent some more time tweaking effects and EQ'ing, but for a little bit more realism I don't think the extra time would have been worth it.

Thanks for the feedback!
- James

-:: Acceptability ::- -:: Acceptability ::-

This is great!

Nice work- very calming. Some parts sounded a little synthy and non-expressive, hence the 9 instead of 10, but on the whole it was a charming piece.

Agitat0r responds:

Thanks man.

I created this piece on-the-fly. no extra effect stuff. the strings are synth pads, basically with anything I found in FL Studio PE bundle. The whole thing was taken only 15 min, included recording.

| Deep Thoughts | | Deep Thoughts |

Great job!

You've done an epic job on this piece, Nick! I do have a few critiques, but on the whole I really enjoy what you've done here.

At 0:20, I'd drop a low, quiet F# octave in the left hand, just to give the string entrance a little more emphasis.

Your cymbals sound just a bit dry in comparison to the other instruments; perhaps just a touch more reverb on those?

The fade-out of the violins/violas playing the main theme at 1:46-1:49 ish is a little too quick- perhaps you could start the fade earlier.

The violin at the end of the piece sounds great (is that the Gypsy violin?) but it probably should rest for a beat or two at 2:30- just to provide a little bit of contrast.

Anyway, all of these are just tiny nitpicks- I loved the piece as a whole!